We’re always on the look-out for new and inspiring talent. If you like our work and feel that you have something special to contribute, please send us your resume outlining your work experience and some samples of work. We’ll be in touch if anything comes up.
We’re Presently Hiring:
We are looking for a motivated individual to help keep our office organized and running smoothly. Are you a multitasking administration-savvy person with a meticulous eye for detail? You’ll be posting transactions using Account Edge, so knowing that software is advantageous. Plus you’ll be responsible for posting related vendor project costs into our project management software. Then there’s payroll, invoicing, a/p and a/r, organizing the paperwork for the numerous projects we have on the go plus answering the phone and general office administration.
You’ll be working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9am to 3pm from our funky Gastown office. Schedule is somewhat negotiable.
Salary is commensurate with skill.
- To record the many transactions for the company in our project management and accounting software.
- To manage payroll.
- To organize paperwork and files as required.
- To answer the telephones.
- To manage general office administrative duties (including mail and supplies).
- To be able to post purchases, sales, and journal entries into Account Edge, as well as to generate payables cheques.
- To be able to create invoices, purchase orders, and update information in our project management software. Some training will be provided.
- To prepare and process payroll through our online provider; to calculate and complete journal entries in accounting software; and to prepare documentation for all new employees. Training can be provided.
- To assist in managing MSP and Extended Health Benefit programs.
- To process accounts receivable and accounts payable, including bank deposits and reconciliations, credit card processing and collections.
- To arrange couriers and shipments.
- To answer the telephones in a courteous manner.
- To keystroke and proofread as requested.
- Willingness to continue to develop an expertise that will benefit the studio.
- Create MS Word / Google Docs templates or spreadsheets for calculations as needed.
- Submit GST and PST quarterly.
- Submit Business Payroll Survey monthly.
- Create schedules for in-office activities.
- Keep all calendars and schedules up-to-date.
- Maintain client and contact lists.
- Manage scheduled client invoicing and contract renewals.
- Arrange for office social functions as requested.
What we expect:
- Consultation and approval from RRCS partners before making any purchases or financial commitments for RRCS or any client.
- You to assume responsibilities that may not be identified here to “get the job done.”
- All work/creations remain the property of RRCS.
- For you to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- For you to dress in a professional manner.
- For you to be punctual.
- Professional and courteous edict on the phone and in client interactions.
What we offer:
- A stimulating working environment.
- Mentoring and support to help you realize your potential.
- Responsibility and creativity.
- A probationary three-month time period.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Type: Part-time
- Bookkeeping: 2 years