Red Rocket Creative Strategies is an award-winning branding and digital marketing agency serving B2B clients across North America.
We build and launch powerful brands, tell compelling stories, and help businesses boost visibility and grow revenue.
We listen. We do our research. We deliver. Always.
Our strategic consultants and brand, web, and marketing experts provide innovative, results-driven solutions to world-leading organizations. Industry specialties include cleantech, mining, education, professional service industries, and many more.
Red Rocket Creative Strategies is looking for an experienced Account and Project Manager with the ability to not only manage projects, but client accounts as well. It is a combined role. This is a full time (5 days per week) vital part of our daily operations and connection to our amazing clients. The Account/Project Manager handles both graphic design and web development projects as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. You are responsible for representing the agency, delivering both good and bad news, and negotiating solutions that benefit all parties. The small boutique set up of Red Rocket means that all employees need to work as a team to complete every project to client satisfaction. Your role requires project manager expertise, so you need to be comfortable being the backbone of the assignment, holding both our team, and the client to their outlined responsibilities.
This challenging position is ideal for someone who is a perpetual learner and self-starter with a history of thriving in roles that come with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. A high level of customer service and interpersonal skills is required so that you have the ability to meet client needs, wants and priorities while keeping the agency’s bottom line in forefront of considerations. You need to have design or web studio experience and be highly organized, with out-of-this-world time management and communication skills as you will be in constant communication with clients, suppliers, and coworkers.
- A creative industry professional
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple clients simultaneously.
- Experienced in managing web development projects
- An excellent and enthusiastic team-orientated collaborator.
- A resourceful critical thinker, able to seek and adapt solutions for the best outcomes.
- A self-starter, able to take initiative on tasks, and process improvements.
- Interested in personal development, and always looking for more knowledge.
- Looking to build on your skills and experience to achieve higher levels of performance and success.
- A people person – you enjoy having conversations with all kinds of people, and learning what makes them tick.
- Someone who thrives in the grey areas of problem solving.
- Able to work from our downtown Vancouver office.
Account/Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Keep clients informed and the team aligned on the scope and deliverables of web, branding, and other design related projects.
- Able to hold structured, engaging kick off meetings with clients, designers, developers and other team members.
- Creating detailed quotes and estimates for new projects, as well assisting to created project proposals
- Write compelling briefs, with clear instructions and deliverables.
- Able assess project progress and deliverables on the fly, informing clients of changes, determining if a client request is in scope, or requires a change order.
- Building strong relationships with clients, keeping in contact with them on current and upcoming projects.
- Working closely with all company departments, external contractors and suppliers.
- Tracking time spent on projects – for yourself, the team, and managing the time budget of a project in real time.
- Tracking costs, creating purchase orders and timelines to maintain the project’s bottom line.
- Building strong working relationships with internal departments to ensure smooth project development.
- Leading weekly internal production meetings – a company wide brief review of every project on the table.
- 3-5 years of account or project management experience, specifically in web and/or branding. Only candidates with experience will be considered.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent written, verbal and listening skills in English.
- Knowledge of best practices in website design, branding, and web projects.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Drupal
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Doc, Sheets and Slides)
- Ability to take ownership of increasingly complex projects under minimal guidance.
- Proficiency on Mac Computers.
- Able to work from the downtown Vancouver office.
Considered an asset:
- Bachelor’s of Business Administration or Commerce.
- Familiarity with the use of Trello.
- Knowledge or experience with HubSpot and/or Function Point.
- Knowledge of Project Accounting.
- Previous experience in B2B Marketing.
- To work in a close knit team of seasoned professionals.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year (accrued in first year).
- Competitive Health Benefits – after completion of probationary period.
- $500 – per year for further learning.
- 6 care/sick days – accrued throughout the year.
- Paid week off during December Holidays.
- Full time – 5 days per week – 9-5 with one unpaid 30 minute lunch break.
- Participation in company funded social hours, lunch & learns, and bonding activities.
- Opportunity to expand your professional network.
This position is not remote – Must be able to work in the Downtown Vancouver office.
We are working on improving the diversity of our team, and highly encourage people of minority backgrounds to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $$70,000.00 – $75,000 per year