We're Presently Hiring:
Red Rocket Creative Solutions (RRCS) has a unique opportunity for a dedicated and professional Project Manager to be part of our dynamic and growing team. We’re looking for an energetic self-starter to assist in managing our print, web and marketing projects; looking after project specific needs from start to finish through direct and indirect client contact.
The project manager will be the key, day-to-day point of contact between the client and the studio. They must be committed to maintain the highest standard of responsive service – a cornerstone of our culture. They will work directly with our principals and account executives, oversee and review all materials created and formulated by our design and marketing teams confirming that our high standards are maintained before any materials/programs are delivered to our discerning clients.
The successful candidate requires a minimum of three years of project management experience in a creative agency environment. They must possess strong planning and communications skills. This role is a hub within the studio. Essential qualities include: analytical thinking; having a sense of entrepreneurship; being uber organized and understanding that your team’s performance depends on your abilities at all time. Do you love multi-tasking and thrive in dynamic conditions? This might be the job for you.
- Assist with tactical planning on specific projects
- Collect information and develop project cost estimates
- Manage day-to-day project execution; creative, development and execution
- Planning and management of project timelines
- Act as client contact; daily management of projects and correspondence between creative and clients / vice versa
- Responsible for studio and client budget management
- Attend meetings and adeptly handle client interaction
- Responsible for communicating status reports, related budget issues and any other client administrative support as required
- Ensure all client and supplier requests are met in a timely and service oriented manner
- Participate actively in daily and weekly production meetings
- Monitor project budgets and estimated hours
- Review all deliverables to ensure they meet client expectations
- Managing suppliers, timelines and ensuring quality control
- Collaborate with RRCS’s senior management to mitigate project risks and ensure timely resolution of key issues
- Support multiple projects simultaneously from planning to delivery
- Understand creative agency processes and project management requirements
- 3 plus years of Project Management experience in a fast-paced studio environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and people skills
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively and establish team expectations
- Ability to analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and proactively solve problems – shit happens, your job is to minimize its occurrence.
- Be the calm in the storm – the team takes their direction from how you perform. If you are under control, so are they.
- Ability to multitask
- Enthusiastic team player
- An keen eye for detail
- The ability to get the job done – sort through the clutter and focus on what’s important.
- Be familiar with our tool set – we use the Function Point platform to track and manage all projects in the studio. Knowing it would be beneficial.
What we offer:
- A stimulating working environment of full-time employment - five days per week 7.5 hour work days. Regular working hours: 9am to 5pm
- Mentoring and support to help you maximize your potential
- Responsibility and creativity
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience including benefits
- A well-oiled machine. We have developed many systems and processes.
For further information on this opportunity please contact us at: email@example.com in confidence. No phone calls please.Apply for this position
We are looking for a motivated individual to help keep our office organized and running smoothly. Are you a multitasking administration-savvy person with a meticulous eye for detail? You’ll be posting transactions using Account Edge, so knowing that software is advantageous. Plus you’ll be responsible for posting related vendor project costs into our project management software. Then there’s payroll, invoicing, a/p and a/r, organizing the paperwork for the numerous projects we have on the go plus answering the phone and general office administration.
You’ll be working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9am to 3pm from our funky Gastown office. Schedule is somewhat negotiable.
Salary is commensurate with skill.
- To record the many transactions for the company in our project management and accounting software.
- To manage payroll.
- To organize paperwork and files as required.
- To answer the telephones.
- To manage general office administrative duties (including mail and supplies).
- To be able to post purchases, sales, and journal entries into Account Edge, as well as to generate payables cheques.
- To be able to create invoices, purchase orders, and update information in our project management software. Some training will be provided.
- To prepare and process payroll through our online provider; to calculate and complete journal entries in accounting software; and to prepare documentation for all new employees. Training can be provided.
- To assist in managing MSP and Extended Health Benefit programs.
- To process accounts receivable and accounts payable, including bank deposits and reconciliations, credit card processing and collections.
- To arrange couriers and shipments.
- To answer the telephones in a courteous manner.
- To keystroke and proofread as requested.
- Willingness to continue to develop an expertise that will benefit the studio.
- Create MS Word / Google Docs templates or spreadsheets for calculations as needed.
- Submit GST and PST quarterly.
- Submit Business Payroll Survey monthly.
- Create schedules for in-office activities.
- Keep all calendars and schedules up-to-date.
- Maintain client and contact lists.
- Manage scheduled client invoicing and contract renewals.
- Arrange for office social functions as requested.
What we expect:
- Consultation and approval from RRCS partners before making any purchases or financial commitments for RRCS or any client.
- You to assume responsibilities that may not be identified here to “get the job done.”
- All work/creations remain the property of RRCS.
- For you to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- For you to dress in a professional manner.
- For you to be punctual.
- Professional and courteous edict on the phone and in client interactions.
What we offer:
- A stimulating working environment.
- Mentoring and support to help you realize your potential.
- Responsibility and creativity.
- A probationary three-month time period.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Job Type: Part-time
- Bookkeeping: 2 years